Benefits of Stump Grinding in Salt Lake City
After a tree has been removed, the tree stumps and roots remain. This can cause a problem if you want to plant something new in that space, or use the space more constructively. Tree stumps and roots can also be a safety issue if they are in a pedestrian area or if children play in the yard. Plus, old tree stumps are unsightly, and will quickly become a home for pests and critters who might cause other problems for the health and safety of your home.
At Rent-A-Monkey Tree Services, we offer tree removal as well as stump removal, stump grinding, and root removal. Our professional stump grinding services in Salt Lake City and Park City, UT ensure you have a safe, level area to use as you see fit after a tree is removed. Whether you’ve already had a tree removed or want to schedule tree removal and stump grinding, call us today to schedule a visit and assessment.
What Is Stump Grinding?
After you’ve had a tree removed by a professional tree service, the tree specialists are likely to recommend stump grinding. Stump grinding is a process in which a stump is removed using a specialized piece of equipment called a stump grinder. A stump grinder is a very powerful machine that operates like a circular saw. It grinds the visible part of the tree stump into small pieces. These pieces can later be used as mulch or kindling, or can be disposed of. Once the tree stump has been reduced to chips, the stump can be removed well below the ground level. Your tree specialist can also use a handsaw, chainsaw, or hatchet to remove the tree’s roots. After stump grinding, your tree specialist will fill up the resulting hole with dirt or the wood chips resulting from stump grinding. You can then use the empty space to start a garden, plant grass, or place potted plants or lawn furniture. If you want to plant a new tree to replace the one that was removed, your tree specialist can leave the hole empty for you to use.
When Is Stump Grinding Necessary?
Stump grinding is necessary when you want to use the space where the tree once stood. A leftover tree stump is not only unsightly, but it also prevents you from using the space constructively. A tree stump and roots can also be cumbersome to work or walk around, and can be a safety hazard. If you want to plant a garden, new trees, grass, flowers, or use your yard for entertaining, you should opt for stump grinding after tree removal is complete. Stump grinding is also important if the tree was removed due to disease, or because it was preventing access to underground pipes or utilities. You may also need stump removal and stump grinding if property lines have changed or you’re erecting a fence. The longer a tree stump sits in your yard, the more likely it is to harbor pests, animals, or become a fire hazard, so it’s best to invest in stump removal as soon as the tree is gone.
Advantages of Stump Grinding
While most of the advantages of stump grinding are obvious, there are also lesser-known benefits of investing in stump grinding:
- Prevent unwanted sprouts – Stump sprouting can cause a regrowth that you might not want or be prepared for. If you don’t want to end up paying for another tree removal in the years to come, stump grinding will prevent the stump from sprouting. Stump sprouting can also be unhealthy for the surrounding plants and soil, especially if the tree was removed due to disease.
- Insect and pest control – The decaying wood of a tree stump offers warmth, shelter, and nutrients to insects, pests, and animals. These pests will eventually move on from the stump and invade your home, car, or garage instead.
- Safety – A stump and exposed tree roots can be a tripping hazard and put your family and visitors’ safety at risk. Stumps and exposed roots are also hazards for lawnmowers.
- Increased space – Stump removal and root removal provide a safe, flat surface that you can use for something else.
- Prevent the spread of disease – If the tree was removed due to disease, removing the stump and roots will prevent the spread of the disease.
- Improve aesthetics – Dead tree stumps look unsightly and unpleasant, and may even go against city codes or HOA regulations.
Why Hire a Professional for Stump Grinding in SLC?
A professional not only has years of experience and training in safely removing trees and grinding and removing tree stumps, but also has the right tools and equipment to get the job done efficiently. Attempting to remove the tree stump yourself might end up costing you more time, money, and stress than hiring a professional. You might also end up with subpar results when the job is finished. Professional stump grinders can fill in the hole where the tree was and haul away any refuse or debris so it can be safely disposed of, leaving a clean space for you to use as you see fit.
Learn More About Stump Grinding Services in Salt Lake City
If you need professional tree removal or stump grinding services in Salt Lake City or Park City, contact us at Rent-A-Monkey Tree Services. Our friendly, knowledgeable tree specialists have the experience and equipment to fully remove a tree stump and roots from your yard, so you have the freedom to use the space as you’d like. Once we remove a tree, we can grind the stump into mulch or kindling for your use, or fill in the hole for you so you can have a flat, level surface to work with. In addition to stump grinding, we also offer tree trimming, tree pruning, and emergency tree removal services throughout the Salt Lake City metro area. Just call us today or contact us online to learn more.